Saturday, January 17, 2009

Friday, January 16

I head to Manly Beach on the ferry today. Meeting a Dartmouth alum I found on LinkedIn that may have some job leads and advice. Will be great to find an alum down under and make a new friend. The ride over is gorgeous. About 30 minutes, past the Opera House, leading away from the famous bridge, through the harbor and up the coast.

The guy is great, he's been here a year, and is investing in start-ups. Great tie in to my work in New York for the Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network. I've inquired with the college how many Dartmouth alums are in Oz and they will send me a list in order to get a club here started. I have found 2 more VCs as well so I wonder if we can have a DEN Down Under... DENDU.

I take the scenic Manly Beach walk around, soaking up the vistas. Then head back to CBD to meet up with NYCA friend and her new work mates at THE IVY. I am able to gain entrace (posh club and door people) despite my flip flops. Phew. We then head to Darling Harbor to CARGO (amazing views), followed by BUNGALOW 8. A decent NYC night for a Friday in Sydney in Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment